Jul. 14, 2004 - Power of a Praying Mom?
| I'm a Christian. I love the Lord. I just...don't talk to him enough. I don't even talk to him every day, or sometimes I've even went a *week*. I say this shamefully, because I believe there is power in prayer.
So, early last week I started having this nagging feeling. Thoughts of my future (way, way in the future) daughter-in-laws raced through my mind. How odd it was, to picture my 6 year old with a wife! So, this went on for a day or two, and then the voice was clear. PRAY. Oh, my. I was overwhelmed, at best. Pray for little girls I didn't even know, or who may or may not yet exist. Pray for their families, the mothers that have or have not even brought these precious gems into existence at this time. My mind whirled, but my heart grew, filling with love and protectiveness over these babies who would, one day, mother my grandchildren. It was awesome, in every sense of the word. Thank you, Lord, for giving me this burden.
So, I prayed. I prayed for the girls, their mothers and fathers, and their grandparents. I prayed protection over them, and guidance for those who would raise my daughter-in-laws. I prayed that God would prepare them, just the same as my sons, to be mighty and strong in His ways. The love I felt for these children was overwhelming. A true gift. It was almost tangible, and now I long to nurture it.
Someday, it will be a story to share with them, but for now it is a gift I will cherish. An unexpected love. For I believe that the Lord has laid out the task, and I shall fulfill his request. Surely, there is power in the prayers of a praying mom... |
No comments:
Post a Comment