I set out to the gym yesterday with intentions of following my training schedule for the 5K, and then hitting the weights. Along the way, I decided to check out the 5K running course. It was a cool day and the views were beautiful. Reds, yellows, and orange hues filled the skylines. Tennessee Autumn.
So, I got to the gym, parked, and started walking to warm up. I don't know what I was thinking, but when I broke into my run, I just kept going. I ran the whole 5K course. It was awesome. I was tired when it was over, but it only took about 37 minutes. Not an impressive time, by any means, but I've only been training for 3 weeks. Can't complain.
I stayed out of the candy too. Cottage cheese and peaches is my thang. Love it. Yum.
It's Monday. May this week be one of Faith, Family, and fitness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
*sigh* and to think ~ just a few weeks ago, we were going to be blessed with your culinary goddess delights.
but then, I don't see PW running a 5K. Or wrangling calves, either, for that matter.
hmmm . . .whose the better woman???
LOLOL
Way To Go, Girl!!! I am so very proud of you! And never doubted for a minute you couldn't do it!!!!! You are AWESOME! Love ya and keep up being a phenominal woman!!! YOU ROCK!
You're doing better than I did when I first started running. It took almost 6 weeks before I could run the whole 5K! Although my time wasn't too bad...34 minutes *wink* Sounds like you're doing great. I need to start running again. I've quit for almost 3 months now so I KNOW there's NO WAY I could run a 5K now, much less a half-mile!
Post a Comment