It seems like almost yesterday that Chris' parents were here for Thanksgiving '07. I guess since I've been working and busy, that the time has flown by. I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Hopefully there will be more time to stop and enjoy the simple things this year. Smell the coffee! I've cut back my hours at work and my responsibilities. This is good, because I can be home again, and actually COOK for my family. I think we've had enough burgers and tacos to last us a long while.
Thanksgiving has come and gone, and now the focus is on the Christmas season. I asked the boys what they wanted, and they really couldn't come up with anything. Cayden asked for a guitar. So, this will be a small Christmas in terms of gifts, but we're making some fun plans to celebrate the season. We'll start Jotham's Journey today, too. I'm looking forward to enjoying it with all 3 boys. We've started making a list of Christmas cookies to bake as well. I think we'll send some to the grandparents and friends this year.
So, that's that for today. My coffee is waiting, and so is my book.
I'm reading Outlander: Fiery Cross. And while I think Jamie Fraser is an amazing man, I can surely say that I'm married to my very own J.F and he still makes me swoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It has flown, hasn't it?
It was about this time that you blessed me with an awesome book, wasn't it? I've passed it on to several others since.
I read Outlander a few years back and just seeing the title gives me flashbacks. I read it against my conscience and every time I sat down to read, I was also glancing around the room furtively, making sure no child (or even my husband) could see what I was reading. It was the only "stealth" reading I've done - LOL - and I remember it well. I was like a 12 year old boy sneaking a Playboy! :o
Post a Comment