Friday, October 01, 2004

Oct. 1, 2004 - Happy Anniversary To Me!

Yesterday was my anniversary. Tonight we're celebrating, although we didn't get too bad a start last night. *smile*

Over the past couple days, people have asked me how long we've been married. I cringe at that question. I feel as if our opinion of marriage is so disintegrated. I tell them three years, and then resist the urge to convince them that we're happy, we have the right kind of marriage, and we'll last forever.

Christopher and I are soulmates. We're on the offense to save our marriage. For us, those moments of "marital decline" are just that; moments. We're learning that these negative times only serve to keep us apart as long as we allow. It's easier to be happy together. Sometimes we get awfully moody about life, but we're learing that our marriage is a refuge, rather than an extra burden. It's been a wonderful, amazing growth experience.

My husband is so eloquent with words. It never fails to amaze me when I read his writing. I told him yesterday that I wanted to get him a card, but nothing seemed to compare to the way I really feel. I love him so much, it hurts.

My most important ambition in life is to be a better wife. I want to serve the man I love in such a way that fosters the precious gift we've been given; our marriage. Christopher deserves the very best that I can give. I work each day to do a little better, try a little harder. I believe that we'll be together forever, and forever is the only thing I'll settle for.

So, yes, we've been married for 3 years, but we're going on forever...

No comments: