So, I'm coming out of the closet, now. I did decide to put the boys in school next year. I know, I know. I changed my mind several times previously, but about a week and a half ago, I had a day that it just... became so clear to me what I wanted and needed to do. So, I sent the school books on to TN, and decided to take the summer off. Aside from reading "Bridge to Terabithia" we're doing nothing.
Yesterday, the boys started VBS. I've got the next 4 weeks planned with VBS activities. They're loving it so far. I love hearing about their morning, and then there's lunch and swimming. It's been WONDERFUL so far. I don't have SCHOOL hovering over my head. I'm just enjoying being "mom" and having fun with my boys.
I'm excited about them going to school. I was previously riddled with apprehension, no matter my decision. But, now... there's no looking back. I know I've made the right decision. I know they'll both do great in school, and I intend to be involved with their education every step of the way. I'll accept nothing but their best, and I'll give them the same.
I'm a little sad that our decision will cause Chris and I to be apart for a few months, but we both feel optimistic nonetheless.
In a year or so, the kids won't be the only students in the house. TTU is calling my name, and I intend to fulfill my dream of getting my degree. I'm going to get a degree in something PRODUCTIVE, rather than the history/english degree I once intended. I'm thinking math or some science...
So, there's my ramblings for the day.
Oh, and it was so sweet to hear the Father whisper my name this morning. I love those moments that His spirit flows over me, like water... quenching a thirst I didn't even realize I had. Thank you, my Lord for giving so generously....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Isn't it interesting that just today I was thinking back tothe days when my Mom wanted to be a Groomer. or a Vet Tech.
She's a Postal Employee.
go figure !!! LOLOL
yeah. I think it will be a good fit ~ but you're right. It can only be done with coffee.
I'm ready when you are! LOL
Why will your decision cause you to be apart from Chris for a few months? You didn't state that and now I'm lost. LOL
HUGS!!!
I'm excited for you! I know it's such a hard decision and not one you made lightly. It sounds like you've got it all in the Father's hands and what an awesome place to be!
Post a Comment