Sunday, March 09, 2008

Presbyterianism... Is that even a word?

Since we've been in Cookeville, we've tried numerous churches. Some non-denominational, some seeker-sensitive, and AOG. Today, we went to a Presbyterian church. Now, we've been invited to this church months ago, and we never made it out that way. It just wasn't... on the list. But then this happened, and THAT happened, and the minister stumbled over our path, and then this other thing happened... and so today, we went.

And...


It was good. Not that "rockin' celebration" good, but it was refreshing in it's simplicity. The people were very friendly, and I knew quite a few from the Y. Good people. And Caleb (the minister? pastor?) is a terrific speaker (maybe cause he went to LSU? Concidence #1) and he's Adrian's soccer coach this year, too (coincidence #2). We enjoyed his sermon. The service was only about 1 hour and 10 minutes, but it was a good use of time, and not too short. The boys got a little restless, but I think they could adjust.

So... yeah. We liked it. We're going to "Sunday School" next week. I haven't been to Sunday school since I was a kid. Fun.

No comments: