Well, we went to Cookeville on Saturday. By Sunday night, Christopher had picked out a house and made an acceptable offer. On Monday, there was the home inspection. We spent some nice time with the owners of the house. Really sweet people.
The house is really nice. It's a little bigger than our current house, and has 4 bedrooms and 2.5 bath. There is a sunroom, laundry room and a garage, all new to me! The house sits at the end of a cul-de-sac, which is great for the kids. I don't know how big the yard is, but it's small. I'm not too worried about the small yard, though I was put off a bit at first. Then we discovered that there is a beautiful lake just a couple minutes away with fishing piers and a boat launch. There are hiking trails and beautiful parks right outside the little subdivision that is to be "home." The views from the house are gorgeous. Big grassy hills in the front and back, and a couple Bradford Pear trees decorating the front yard. I can't wait to see what the fall brings! Pure beauty.
Our current house is 37 years old, but the new one is 8 years old. The home inspection only turned up a handful of really minor things like a missing shingle on the roof. We will be painting and putting hardwood floors down on main level of the house upon our arrival. The upstairs looks brand new, as it was rarely used.
We're really looking forward to the move. We can't close on our new house until July, but here's the kicker...
I have about 10 days to get out of *this* house... and I haven't packed a single box. Not one.
...and we don't know where we're going to stay for those transitional weeks, either.
How's THAT for details? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH. MY GOSH.
(oh. wit! didn't I just say that to you earlier tonight?!?!?)
LOLOL
girl! 10 DAYS?!?!?!? sheesh!
sigh.
let the pandimonium begin! :) LOLOL
Trust me when I say I know the feeling of moving. Just remember to breath, hahaha.
love ya, Jodi
Post a Comment