I woke up this morning, looked up at the ceiling, and then my mind went into overdrive. I wasn't even out of bed, yet.
Chris is having a rough time managing two positions at work. He's going to bring a proposal to his boss this week that would solve his problems. It may, however, involve a great deal of time apart from us for a couple of months. I've never been away from him for more than a week or two. Blech. This doesn't make me feel good, and it puts a damper on our relocation plans. Even so, I know it has to be done, and Chris will profit immeasurably from the time he'll have to dedicate to his new job.
We're leaving in two days to go find a house. I'm so excited. I'm also scared and sickly nervous and anxious. I did meet a woman online yesterday that lives in Cookeville. She's a realtor, and I happened upon her page as I was looking at houses. She is a homeschooling mom, coaches youth leagues at the "Y", and heads up the robotics teams for the kids. There is a jr. league that Jordan and Cayden can join. How cool! That email exchange really made my day. It also cemented my choice to go ahead and homeschool next year.
Which brings me to my other thoughts. I had been considering letting Jordan and Cayden go to school next year. The district is apparently really good. I figured they could go to school next year, and then after Adrian goes, I could start at TTU. Well, I couldn't fathom myself home with just ONE kid, but I was willing to give it a try. Then, I talked to Tracy, and I got to thinking about the different opportunities the boys will have next year, by homeschooling. So, we're staying home again. Cayden is already learning so much. We're reading our first chapter book together, albeit a small one. He really enjoys it, though, and his listening and comprehension skills are improving daily.
I wrote that post about my Aunt and now this rambling mess. I'm considering starting a more anonymous blog. I'll keep Scatterbrained, but it'll be a little less...personal. The other spot could be my little hideaway. So, we'll see. If things get strangely impersonal here, you'll know why...
~Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment