Since I've been contributing my near awe-inspiring wisdom and dynamic insight to this amazing blog I've noticed something.
Something that makes a person sit back, place their finger to their cheek and go 'hm'. Not a long drawn out 'hmmmmm', just one of those quick, half-second sounds that signify something is amiss in the world.
And indeed, on this blog, something is amiss!
If you look to the right of this, so long as it's on the front page, you'll notice that there are several columns. These columns are filled with links. Links that I not only don't know what they are really, but also things I have no idea what to expect when I click on them.
I say!
Links?! On my blogpage?! That I know nothing about?!
Why I never!
So I went ahead and visited some of these links. And I've given a small review of each item as I discover my own webpage. It's fun! It's exciting! I can barely contain myself!
The Well Drained Mind : :
Apparently this webpage is dedicated to people whom love coffee. Not only love coffee, but also can't drink it unless it's filled to the brim and chock full of cinnamon.
Further inspection revealed it to be some sort of place for homeschooling moms. Immediately, I felt like I was invading enemy territory. Not only am I not a mom, but I'm also not homeschooling.
It seems very uplifting and very personal.
I give it ** asterisks out of ***** asterisks.
Life is Like a Lunchbox : :
The sassy wife of a pastor made this page. And she is certifiably crazy. I... didn't want to look too much into the mind of a crazy person...
But what the hell! Let's do it anyway!
This site appears to be filled with more of that homeschooling rhetoric that is insightful, wise, and has links to win free stuff.
Free stuff gives extra asterisks!
I've also learned that Nan likes to take pictures of stuff! I love pictures!
I give it *** asterisks out of ***** asterisks.
Classless and Lovin' It
Another homeschooling mom who loves her family and the Lord. I'm starting to see a... what do you call those things that keep happening over and over again.
Oh! I know! A sudden realization!
I'm starting to suddenly realize that all of these webpages have something in common!
Pictures! And... selling me things!
This blog is like a journal, and I love journals, too.
I give it ** asterisks out of ***** asterisks.
I-Monk : :
I get a very 'I'm going to be sued by Apple Inc very shortly... lol!' aura from this webpage. I say aura because I know that auras have to do with stuff like magic, I think. And this webpage clearly is not about magic.
It is, in fact, about a man's walk through life whilst interacting with God. It's actually interesting and neat. And I don't think he tried to sell my anything.
I-Monk does not take photos, either. He writes words. With letters. He has many letters that combine to form many words on his webpage. I approve of these words.
I give it gggg g's out of ggggg g's.
The Foil Hat : :
It's another journal about a homeschooler! And in one entry she talks about her period! OMG!
Tomorrow I think I'll blog about an erection. It was so horrible!
I give it / slash out of ///// slashes.
Walk Slowly, Live Wildly : :
A website powered by photo manipuation and Photoshop. Well as long as it brings in the money, I approve!
I give it :):):):) mercenaries out of :):):):):) mercenaries.
Choice Central : :
This is a nice one! The author gave me her name! And like any dedicated fan, I Googled the everliving funk out of it until I found enough dirt to bury her at the 10-yard line of a football field beneath concrete.
She is on top of politics:
"Hispanics are taking away our jobs," said Angela Broussard, 38, a black playwright.
She likes lots and lots of milk:
Angela Broussard, director of the Lafayette Diocese Food and Nutrition Service, said Borden is the sole supplier of milk for their school system.
I don't know about you, Angela Broussard. You perhaps are just a little TOO WILD for my internet.
I give it ~~~ ACs out of ~~~~~ ACs.
Pioneer Woman : :
Pioneer Woman is going to need an entire blog about her. I can't squeeze in all the goodness into one single entry, so people will have to wait...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So...THIS is what happens when I give my husband free-reign over my "space." I love it! I should update my links, since I've managed to venture beyond homeschooling blogs these days...
I say you should start your own really kick-ass blog. People would actually read it, you know!
Chris, I agree with Sunshyne. I find your writtings very entertaing and amusing, even insightful with a delightful and humorous spin!!!
Sunshyne: Official Request:
May I be honored with the privledge of having my link added?
(I have to ask to be polite and because blogger isn't really set up like MySpace. =)Sorry if I am being too presumptious, but I don't want any tongue lashings from Miss Manors!)
Isn't it a WONDERFUL thing to be COMPLETELY public with your life, and be TOTALLY anonymous at the same time?!?!?
I am neither black, nor catholic, nor openly opinionated with my thoughts on politics.
An amazing thing. I wasn't sure I WANTED to change my name to Broussard. Now, I find it a very refreshing proposition!
LOLOLOL
TWO?!? I get TWO asterisks??? I'm not sure my self esteem can handle this much bruising. *grin* And it's not "selling" because I have nothing to give you and make no profit. It's sharing helpful information from one cheap mom to another. But now I feel all those OCD tendencies surfacing.....was I pushy? What if people thought I was pushy? What if people thought I get a cut from recommendations? TWO asterisks?? That means someone doesn't like me!
I am kidding, btw. But it did throw me for a minute...2? Sunshyne doesn't like my blog? How can she not know what she's linking to?
Funny hijack.
Well written article.
Post a Comment