A wondrous love affair. He's sweet, gentle, loving, and precious. He has beautiful blue eyes that melt my very core. His smile brings warmth through my heart, and a tingle in my soul. His name is Adrian, and he's my 11 month old son.
Don't get me wrong, I love all my kids...till it hurts. But right now, watching our latest little blessing grow is so... intense. I can't take my lips off his sweet little cheeks. I could gaze into his eyes *forever*, watching him suck his two middle fingers into oblivion. Even though he's enjoying his newfound ability to walk nearly wherever he pleases, he still finds plenty of time to sit with me, play peek a boo, and giggle on his own accord. I love the attention and, even though I've already mentioned, the smiles.
I'm so very thankful to be a mom. I love holding their hands in mine. Adrian's are so tiny, still. Cayden's are too, really. He's a slender little thing. Jordan isn't much for holding hands, but he still loves to be attacked by the "Kissy monster".
And since I've mentioned Jordan...
Let it be known, that during our run from Hurricane Ivan, my six year old son was indeed playing *BARBIES* with his little friend, Gracie. Why is this brag-worthy, you ask? Because, until this moment in History transpired, it seemed that I had the most sexist child on the planet. "Girls don't do that," or the even worse, "Girls *can't* do that," he'd often say. He seemed quite certain that we were lesser creatures put his for his occasional amusement, and mostly just to cook, clean, and make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. So, I really was thrilled that he decided to play with Grace instead of her 3 older brothers. Grace seemed to enjoy it as well, although she wasn't overly amused with his unskilled ability to handle a Barbie. I admit to feeling some bit of pride when she heaved a big sigh and said, "You don't do it that way!" There are some things he's not *supposed* to be good at.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment