Friday, September 24, 2004

Sweet Dreams

Yesterday was a fairly typical day. We did school, read, cleaned, and cooked. In the evenings, sometime between 7 and 8 pm, Christopher usually takes the boys to bed. I've always been most appreciative of this. By that time, I'm generally ready to watch a good movie or take a nice hot bath. Since he was busy, Chris asked that I put the boys to bed last night.

"Sure," I replied. I didn't mind. And so the routine began. Teeth were brushed, water was served, bottles and diapers readied. Adrian went down first. Catching my lingering glance towards the bookshelf, Jordan asked for a story. We chose Green Eggs and Ham for Cayden and decided to start Unc' Billy Possum for Jordan. The boys snuggled up beneath the covers on Jordan's bed, and I read until their eyes were droopy. It felt good. I realized that it was something I had been missing. I thought I was entitled to *my* time at night, and I think I am. I never considered what I was missing. I also think it's good to send the boys off with thoughts of storyland. Hopefully it'll keep their dreams safe. If they dare to go to Seuss land, chaos may reign, but it's better than any frightful alternative!

Oh!

Christopher read my blog yesterday. He basically said it was pretty mundane and boring. Well, I have no problem with the mundane. I was a little hurt that he said it was boring, but I reminded myself that, even while it’s a public blog, it’s *my* blog. I could work on spicing it up some, but for the most part, I like what I write. It’s *me*.

No comments: