So, I went to sleep last night, anticipating the dormancy of my mind. A mindless, black sleep I so expected to consume me.
Instead, I reconciled with an old lost friend. We laughed, we smiled, we hugged. Time began again, fresh and new. The black thorn was nowhere to be found. No pain existed, as we simply picked up again, the coffee hot and fresh.
My sleep progressed along, until the sun rose. With the rising of the sun and the break of dawn, my hope and anticipation crashed down upon the blue sky of the new day. The morning's coffee so bitter, dark, and lonely.
I prayed, blinking back the salty tears. It's been a year, and yet they still come so quickly. Lord, don't let me hurt, and bind the bitterness to be cast in the deep sea.
I started the day's duties, my tongue parked firmly between my teeth. I kneaded the bread and watched it rise, readied desserts and messy children -all in preparation to go to my Jesus Place.
Somewhere along the routine, emotions began to fade and my day made better by good company.
My old coffee from morning sat wasting away in my lone cup, cold and bitter.
The new cup was warm between my hands, and a smile played on my lips. My Jesus Place... thank you, Lord. New beginnings, new friends, good coffee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh girl . . .to have deep, hearty conversation on this topic tonight.
Post a Comment