Yesterday, I reached yet another milestone in my Jesus-journey. We were at our “Jesus-Place” and one of the guys came to me in the kitchen. It was getting time to close up in prayer. I had, more or less, just sorta existed through the morning. My mind was at rest, and I just sat passively about, savoring the praise reports offered by my friends.
Back to closing prayer: So, Gil comes up and says, “You know, you never seem to have any prayer needs, and I just want you to know that we'd like to pray for you if we can...”
I was moved by his sincerity, but a strange reply came forth. “Well, yes. I seem to have re-injured my back, but you know, I don't want pray for that whole HEALING THANG.”
Gaw. Wasn't that...nice?
Another guy looks at me like I suddenly stepped outta Hades, “HEALING THANG?!?”
Uh, yeah. You know, Jesus heals everybody, except the ones he doesn't?
So, there I was... a big foot in my mouth, and feeling a little vulnerable and exposed. Rather than backtrack, I continued on, as earnestly as I could. I know we can be healed, but I also know that not everyone is healed, and I really am tired of that “well, it's your fault” line. Some people say, “oh, you didn't have enough faith to be healed” or “you don't pay tithes, so you can't be blessed” or “He'll heal you, sister. PRAY!” I think he heals sometimes and I don't have the answers. I just know that it was strange for Gil to bring up prayer requests specifically to me whilst I was having this “not-requested request” in the back of my mind.
The awkward moment finally passes, and we go into prayer.
The Holy Spirit descended upon me, my breath warmed and quickened, a touch of familiar heaviness upon my shoulders, the unmistaken presence of my God, my Lord, my Jesus...
He took me back 15 years, as I (a teenager then) prayed over my injured father – a prayer for healing in his back. I was reminded of the moment my dad rose to his feet, healed... restored. I doubted it for many many years, but then just a year or so ago – dad told this story to my sister-in-law. He never forgot. The Lord's touch was so very REAL.
The Lord reminded me of the events of my initial back injury almost two years ago. I remembered those miraculous moments that I would enter his presence and be set free from pain. I remembered my Catholic cousin, witnessing the power of the Holy Spirit, seeing Jesus in a new way.
He reminded me of “my miracle.” The supernatural deliverance from cigarettes back in January. Something I always wanted, and He gave it to me, and I have given Him all the glory.
Then, my Father, my Lord, my Jesus, allowed his heavenly touch to flow from my shoulders, down into my back.
“Do not doubt. Be healed, my child. Here is your faith and restoration.”
Humbled, I stand, to proclaim, that YES, He is LORD. HE is sovereign, yet merciful. He is my Jesus, my Comforter, my Healer, my Savior...
Is He yours? Do you know Him? Shall I introduce you?
**I started this post yesterday, but didn't finish until now. It stands, that I have been completely free of lower back pain, since the moment I walked away from that prayer. I rose from my bed this morning without hesitation or soreness. It has been a blessing to move freely. Thank you, Jesus! I was so unworthy to receive, but it is by his Love and Grace that I was healed. Wow.
No comments:
Post a Comment