Fast forward. Irony. His company sent us to Tennessee this weekend. An expense paid trip to the mountains. Not just ANY mountains, mind you. This is the place that is to be our future home. We are moving to Cookeville, TN sometime this year, and I couldn't be more excited. It's not every day that someone else pays for me to move to the mountains, afterall.

Our first impression of Cookeville was, as my husband would say, meh. Then, we were whisked away in Ms. Jane's
This little town is HAPPENING. Universities, arts, nature, cuisine, clubs, activities. It's amazing what this incredibly southern little town has to offer. Oh, and the sweet tea is DIVINE. I drank delicious tea all weekend. I just THOUGHT people in Mississippi could make a good glass of sweet tea.
For me, however, nature sells. When the weather is right, and the scenery set... I love to be outdoors. The crisp air blowing in my hair and the sound of a distant creek trickling down the mountain rocks is, to me, the perfect place.
We found a little slice of paradise and had a wonderful family adventure. Pure Morack bliss.
I got teary eyed as we stood at the edge of this cliff overlooking a 130 foot waterfall. It was so amazing to stand so close to the edge, so free, so dangerous. The adrenaline rush was incredible.
Chris even took the kids, one by one, to the cliff's edge.

We had such an incredible time. The boys loved it. Any fears they had of moving were completely alleviated, and now we just count the days...
2 comments:
........you are fabulous.
I've only one word for now. A word that belies the tears that seek to overtake me:
Wowzers.
Post a Comment