Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tennessee Again

As I said previously, there was something liberating about being at Burgess Falls. Perhaps it was because I had waited for so long to escape. The whole time we were walking the trails, I was longing to be below in the valley. I wanted to be encompassed by my surroundings. Then, I wanted to be at the top, at the cliff's edge. As the hike continued, I eventually found myself in both of these places. Standing at the edge of the highest waterfall was so awesome. I was terrified and excited as I knelt down at the edge to get this picture of the water crashing down on the rocks below. This particular waterfall is 130 feet high. Wow.


The boys couldn't have been happier than they were on that day. No mention of TV and video games or even FOOD as we traversed the mountain trails. They were brave, edging along the cliffs carefully and steadily. At times, I was a bit nervous, but they made me proud.


The water was gorgeous, and I loved the steady sounds of the falls. Still, it was the rocks, the terrain that was most breathtaking. Even in the barren winter, there was so much beauty to behold.
For the past couple of months, I've felt like I've been at a standstill with God. During my trip, He was so evident in so many details. The beauty I saw - a gift from Heavenly Father. I saw him in the oddest details -moments of revelation and understanding. Thank you, Lord, that even these things matter to you.

I love knowing that such an adventure lies ahead, and that HE will be by our side.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YOu know, TN is the one place Gil has not taken me on a vacation . . . .

Unknown said...

No pressure, Gil.