Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My hands hurt. I've been scraping old linoleum off a concrete slab all day. For those of you who don't know, it's quite possibly one of the most frustrating renovation jobs ever. My knuckles have bled, my back is permanently stuck, my arms feel like long wet noodles. I hurt. And dammit, there's still old linoleum on that floor. Maybe tomorrow I'll win the war.

On the bright side: the kitchen is painted. I still have to do the door and trim. One hallway has new flooring. The other is in progress (see above). By the weekend, I hope to have the hallways finished, painted, and the kitchen trim done. This will be a big chunk of my "to do" list.

Next week I'll paint the living room, move the office and Adrian's bedroom, paint the office, and finish the bathrooms. My wonderful dad is planning to come and paint the boys rooms with them. A paint party, he called it. The boys are so excited.

The following week I'll get outside to mow and landscape.

Then the house should be ready... Hopefully we'll get it on the market the week after Easter. I can't wait. Cookeville is calling...

Oh, and Chris begins training this week for his super cool new job. He's going to be a lab technician in the Engineering department. His boss has hopes of him picking up some AutoCad stuff, too. Seeing as how 3-D inclined Christopher is, I think that's going to be fabulous. I'm so proud of my man. He's thrilled with the possibilities that have opened up for him, and well on his way to a great career.

Soccer winds down this week. The kids are disappointed. I'll miss it, too, though I'm looking forward to reclaiming my Saturdays. I've a post in the making about the things we've learned in Soccer this year, but that's for another time.

So, there's an update minus all the humor and fun. We're still pressing on...and busy as heck. Lowes is our new friend. Did I mention that Chris made FOUR trips to Lowes on Sunday? He's a real plumber in the making. He redid all the plumbing in the boys bathroom. I was impressed. Aren't you?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yup. Impressed I am . . .especially since I'm certain *I* couldn't do it! LOL . . .so, impressed and sad at the same time.

But, I love ya. and you know the old saying. If you love someting . . .

:)

Missing you already.

me.

Jodi said...

What are you doing scraping tiles up?? I thought you weren't going to do the kitchen??
Anyway, I am proud of both of you. I told you I would help if you needed it. Just let me know. Take care and go get a massage.
luv ya!
Jodi