Apparently I'm in a state of confession. I confessed on my homeschooling board last night that "punk ass" is a term of endearment in our house and that my kids DO know cuss words from the non-cuss-words, and have been known to test the waters by interjecting "ass" into their vocabulary on occasion. Fortunately, it's the best homeschooling board in the world, and they felt no need to dissociate themselves from me.
My next confession is this: I hate cleaning house, and my house is generally !clean. That's "NOT clean" for all of you coding illiterate folks. :) Generally, there are 534 pieces of laundry to put away, at least 1/2 sink full of dishes, bathrooms with *gasp* icky toilet rings... you get my drift. My house is NEVER "mother-in-law ready" except the one time when my MIL came to our house 3 years ago. We cleaned that house for a MONTH to get it ready.
Now, having made that confession, allow me a brag! My house is MIL-Clean and it has been for 48 hours! That's right, folks. And to top it off, my MIL isn't even coming to see us!
Since we've readied the house and cleaned it up so well, I've decided I actually LIKE it this way. I think I'm going to keep it this way. Right now, it sorta has to stay like this for house showings (which we have 1 today at noon!), and it's great practice for the whole family. No longer does everyone step over the mess, but rather we seem to be actually migrating TOWARDS the mess, and taking part in it's destruction.
The boys are begging for homemade waffles with strawberries and fresh whipped cream.
Never said I can't COOK. :)
~Sunshyne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment