Sunday, September 24, 2006

Jul. 1, 2006 - My So Not Uneventful Morning
It was a nice, quiet Wednesday morning, and we had some family kids stay over (girl 15, boy 10). I was making breakfast as they were waking. I had a butter knife to separate those little "Brown N Serve" sausages. Well, I cut my finger to the bone. Half of my finger was severed at the bottom near my hand. Blood was everywhere.

The boys were in the kitchen with me when it happened. I managed to get a towel and call my husband to come home because I knew it was going to require medical attention.
It was bleeding so bad.

So, I told the boys to go wake up the 15 yr. old girl. She came to the kitchen, and I turned to tell her that I would need her to watch the kids while I went to Urgent Care. Before I could finish, she passed out cold...right on my kitchen floor.

She has low blood sugar, so I wasn't sure exactly what to do. She'd wake for a few seconds, and I was trying to coax her to drink some OJ. I was still bleeding profusely, and couldn't do much.

So, I called 911. They came out. As they were walking into my kitchen, I surveyed what they were walking into. It was a blood bath, and an unconscious girl also covered with blood. Ugh. Good thing they believed me, LOL.

Apparently, she saw blood and fainted...

What a morning!

I finally made it to Urgent Care and they glued the wound, but it didn't hold. I was supposed to get stitches, but I think it will heal okay. I'm keeping it wrapped and clean.
Jul. 4, 2006 - What a morning!
Posted by Kara
Wow, what a morning! Only you could laugh about that in the middle of the moment. You are so funny! How do you cut yourself with a butter knife? I think that perhaps you should switch to plastic cutlery. I am so glad that you are ok. did you get my message about coming to visit the first week in August or so? Im glad that I have the heads up about you and knives, before you get here! lol. This is such a busy week for us. Today is the forth and we are planning a birthday party, a visit to a concert, a group of people from a nearby church coming to paint all of the girls bedrooms, taking 2 kids to camp on Sunday and having 2 more packed to goto their sponsors house in Jackson and 1 more ready to go with her mother and did I mention that the four of us will be packed by the end of the day to be ready when we get the call that there will be a viewing and funeral for his grandmother in Monroe? Also next WEds we are planning to leave at 5am to head for MIchigan and then NY to bring our girls to spend 2 weeks with their grandparents.

It has been a very quiet summer, but now that all 8 girls are home it will be so busy until 7 of them head in different directions next week.

Call me when you get a chance,

And stay away from butter knives.

Kara :o)

No comments: