Unconventionally Yours...
Mar. 10, 2006 - TGIF!
I'm really looking forward to the weekend. I miss DH terribly, and we have a "hot date" planned tomorrow night. We're not going anywhere, but I get to stay home and pamper my husband, and I've a feeling he'll be returning the favor. *grin*
Fridays are now Pizza Day at our house. My family loves homemade pizza. I went to the store last night and picked up a package of pepperoni and some italian sausage. I also have a big pack of canadian bacon. I know this stuff will go bad before I use all of it, so I've decided to make little "pizza packs" to put in the freezer. Each pack will have a combo of meats in it, and on Fridays I can pull out a baggie and get started.
I've tried so many recipes for Pizza dough and sauce. Most of the sauce recipes started with tomato sauce and I'd add dozens of things to it, let it simmer, and voila... a rich, thick pizza sauce. Well, last week I tried something new and we LOVED it. I don't care for a really rich sauce, and this is mild and very easy and delicious.
Pizza Sauce (courtesy of "Thefreshloaf.com - Pizza Primier)
1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 Tablespoon garlic powder or 4 or 5 cloves of crushed garlic
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar or lemon juice, or a combination of the two (I used about a tablespoon of lemon juice because it's what I had)
salt and black pepper to taste
It's so easy and so good. If you ever try it, let me know what you think. I'm going to start practicing my breads a bit more this week, too. I've got to go find some gluten and Lechtin. WalMart didn't have either. Le sigh.
Well, off to clean and teach. Have a great weekend! I know I will. *smile*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment