Unconventionally Yours...
Mar. 6, 2006 - Started school again!
Well, today was our first day to do school in our new house. It went *soooo* well. It's amazing how much better school is when you have some space. :) We did reading, math, spelling, and some writing. Not a ton, I know, but it's a start.
I went on Sonlight today and ordered the Singapore Math 2 kit, Extra Practice, and Word Problems. I love Singapore, but I find the extra books to be a necessity. I also got Spelling Power. I'm hoping that'll be all we need for Spelling curriculum. One thing I'm realizing is that too many consumables will get really expensive with 2 more little guys coming down the way. I already have SOTW 2, and bought the CD's this time, also. I think all the kids will enjoy them.
The previous owner of the house left us an old piano. It's by no means perfect, but I've a feeling it'll be plenty to get Jordan started. Hopefully, we can start learning together soon.
I made bread today, too. It was good, but the old stove here doesn't cook all that well. The outside cooked much faster than the inside. I'm debating a new stove a bit sooner than I originally intended. We'll have to see. I'd like to hold off as long as possible, but I can't do without a good stove. I love to cook.
The weather has been beautiful. My darling husband actually got my new dryer set up yesterday, but I still used the clothes line this morning. It was so nice outside. I was still incredibly proud of Christopher. He had to change out some wires, and add some new stuff and even made a nice little wooden cover for his plug-in thing. He's becoming quite the handyman at the old homestead. *bright smile*
Life is good. Thank you, Lord, for taking care of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment