Sunday, September 24, 2006

Mar. 1, 2006 - A New Beginning...
There are many points in people's lives that they momentarily wish they could just "start over."

Six months, post-Katrina, we have a new home and new everything, and we're ready to just start over. I thought we'd pick up where we left off, and in some small ways we are, but mostly it's all a new beginning.

It's not a bad thing, though. I'm trying to keep in mind all the mistakes I made before, the clutter I allowed to accumulate, and where my priorities became skewed. Hopefully, I can tune things and change things a bit so that I like the bigger picture better now.

We've been here for 6 days now, and the changes in the kids are amazing. Noone really believed me when I said "the hurricane did it." But, now I'm sure that's what it was. Adrian, who never has had his own room until now, has slept in his big boy bed all by himself all night long since we've been here. He was waking up every night crying at the RV. (Oh, the RV....I'll save that for a completely separate entry....) Cayden and Jordan are improving, as well, but they're very anxious to go and get their toys from pawpaws. We had Christmas at my Dad's and they had to leave almost all their toys there. They haven't been able to play with them since. So, today we'll be making that little journey.

School will be offically restarting on Monday, and we're all very excited. We've been doing very little since the storm, but we're not discouraged.

Well, that's a quick update. Thanks for all your prayers and support. We're glad to be back...

~Sunshyne

No comments: